Here is a recipe to easily replace you’re Sunday dinner temporarily, made especially to take a load off taking no more than 40 minutes start to finish.
2 duck breasts
1 tsp black peppercorns, crushed
300g cooked new potatoes, medium sliced
bunch flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
4 rashers smoked streaky bacon, chopped
Large handful of fresh asparagus
1) Score skin on duck breast season very well and lay on a cold pan skin down put the heat on low and cook for 12 minutes until crispy and then flip and cook on flesh side for 4 minutes.
2) Remove duck breasts and place on a chopping board with tin foil covering over the top to rest the meat and keep warm.
3) Now add (boiled) cooked potatoes to the pan which will have plenty of duck fat in. Turn up the heat season well with salt and cook until brown and crispy depending on the thickness of the chopped potatoes will affect the time taken to crisp nicely.
4) When potatoes are crisp add parsley and garlic and toss around in pan for a couple minutes. Now set aside onto hot plates.
5) Add bacon and asparagus to pan and slice duck thinly with a sharp knife. Cook for a few minutes until slightly softer and bacon is crunchy. Serve onto plates.
6) Serve with cranberry sauce and enjoy.
There it is, your a simple Sunday alternative!